Friday, May 20, 2011

Uruguay vs. Holland - June 8th 2011

For those of you who may not know, I am a huge soccer fan. My life ultimate shuts down around the World Cup and revolves around game schedules.

Thus, last year, watching Uruguay make it to the semi finals of the World Cup was a big thrill. These guys, Suarez (left) and Forlán (right), along with the rest of the team, showed the world that Uruguay can not be taken lightly, and that even though Uruguay is a little bitty country nestled in the south, they have a ton of heart.

Unfortunately, the ride ended when they were knocked out by a 3 - 2 loss against Holland and the dream slowly faded away.


Fortunately for me, it was recently announced in El Pais, the local paper here, that Holland has agreed to a come and play a friendly match here in Estadio Centenario - June 8th, 2011.

These are two great teams and if I can score tickets, I know this would definately stand out as one of the golden opportunities in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment