Monday, May 16, 2011

16 de Mayo 2011

It´s 8:07 am. We are drinking coffee and packing clothes to head northwest for a few days. Mari is joining Meli in another trip to Buenos Aires (BsAs) for her store Muaa, but this time, instead of crossing the River Platte and spending a few nights in BsAs, we will stay on the Uruguayan side in Colonia del Sacremento and they will simply take the ferry there and back in the same day.

Photo stolen from: buenosairestravelplanet.com


Mari and I visited Colonia del Sacremento two years ago on our last trip to Uruguay, and I have fond memories of this gorgeous old colonia town. As I learned on Wikipedia, Colonia del Sacremento is a World Heritage Site and is referenced as the oldest city in Uruguay - founded in 1680 by Portugal.

Gotta finish my coffee and brush me teeth. I promise to upload photos when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment