Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Speaking of kids and families and moms and dads. Today is Mother´s Day here in Uruguay, referred to as El Día de la Madre. Now I know what your thinking, Mothers Day was last week. But as I found out on Wikipedia, it is celebrated on different days around the world running thru the months of March, April and May. As an extreme example of oddity, our next door neighbor and closest cultural brother - Argentina - celebrates Mother´s Day the second sunday of October?? No sé porque?


As I am in the Southern Hemisphere, soaking up the culture, customs, sounds, smells, and holidays. I figured it best to celebrate the day today like a typical Uruguayan. I want to send special Mother´s Day wishes and kisses to my Mom and Mary. Thanks for everything you did for me and my life.

I also want to wish happy Mother´s Day to all the mothers I know out there in the US - Erika, Christine, Lucy, Sienna, Olivia, Sieu, Deanna, Cindy, and Kerry.

Plus the ones I know here in Uruguay - Patricia, Fabiana, Virginia and Laura.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment