Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dan Carrillo

I was just browsing my Facebook real fast when I ran across a post by my friend Dan Carrillo. I used to work with him years ago. In all, I believe we worked together for about 7 years before I left to finish up my schooling. During the years I spent with Dan, he was always highly interested in photography. He would buy cameras on ebay, fix ém, break ém, repair ém, trade up and sell them again, little by little collecting some and exchanging others. It was a revolving door of cameras and equipment. He had more cameras than anyone I´ve ever known.

Over the last few years he became interested in large format pictures using an antique process. Thus, he bought this monster of a camera, and with it, he´s been making magic.


What I read today on Facebook is that he had the opportunity to shoot Tom Skerritt for the cover of The Stranger - Seattle´s local weekly paper. Here is the shot.



He even got Mr. Skerritt to pose with the camera.



Congratulations to Dan for following his artistic dream. He has been doing great work over the last couple years and its nice to see him finally getting some great opportunities.

For more info, here is Dans Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment