Sunday, May 15, 2011

15 de Mayo 2011

Well I agree with you .....its been far too long since I´ve written anything for the blog ... and for this I apologize. I will try and get back on it and make it a higher priority. Perhaps I was just waiting for something really juicy to spring up and write about - and lucky for you - I got it.

Today, Sunday May 15th, my brother (Kyle) and his wife (Erika) -


are flying out of Seattle headed towards Addis Ababa, the capital and largest city in Ethiopia. After months and months of bureaucratic waiting, ie paperwork processing, interviews, and things of this nature, they were finally given the green light to fly in and pick up their two new children.

On the left we have Hermon, and on the right, sweet little Hiyab. They are brother and sister, and its fortunate that they have been given the opportunity to remain together.

If you are new to the Stanley Family, these two are just an addition. It´s my pleasure to inform you that they already have four wonderfully handsome and smart boys, in various degrees of height and age.


I guess when the dice were thrown they rolled a six. But luckily, Kyle and Erika have that rare gift of being great, solid, inspirational parents. And with this gift they are headed to Ethiopia to bring two more deserving children into the warmth and comfort of the Stanley fold.

The itinerary has them spending one week in Addis, before returning the following Sunday. Unfortunately for me, I am on the extreme opposite of the American continent and will not be able to attend the festivities and excitement of the welcome home process. But I hope they know, and feel, the warmth and pride and love I have for them as they take this next giant step, or leap, forward.

Congratulations Stanley family! You have set the bar quite high for the rest of us.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the new additions to you family ! They look pretty and how happy with their daddy !!
    Wishing you all the best !

    ReplyDelete