Monday, June 27, 2011

A New Career

Well, as today is a momentous day, I googled the phrase "work sayings" and came across www.quotegarden.com for a fabulous new quote to help kick off this new post.

A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B.

~"Fats" Domino


Suffice to say, I am no longer one of those people that don't have a J.O.B. I have a job and it's going to be a wonderful start to my glorious new career in Civil Engineering. I will start working July 1st, 2011 as a Transportation Technician 2 with the Washington State Department of Transportation (DOT). As far as I can interpret, this position takes place out in the field where I will be taking samples and performing material tests, and things of this nature.

I am excited to finally get my foot in the door and start moving down the path of obtaining real job experience. I hope to build and expand upon the scholastic foundation I received while attending the Civil and Environmental Engineering program at the University of Washington.

Speaking of engineering, heres my favorite comic related to the field. I ran across this a few years back while researching a paper, and I think it's quite brilliant. Enjoy.

If you cannot read it, click the comic to open in a new window.

No comments:

Post a Comment