Tuesday, March 22, 2011

23 de Marzo 2011

Just a general update.

I forgot to mention that a few days back Mari finally went to the hospital to have all her cyst bandages and etc. removed. She is now on the mend. She still has a little bump on her chest, similar to how it was before it got all infected and inflamed, with a scab from where the incision was. The doctors told her to wait a few months to see what happens. There is a chance the entire thing may just go away, and there is also the chance that it may come back. But for now, she is just happy to have regained a pain free life and the freedom to sleep in or take off for a few days without the necesity of a hospital visit.

As for me, I am reading and practicing my spanish bit by bit, slowly but surely, chipping away at it day by day. I am still hitting the gym and have seen the visible changes that accompany a well rounded gym routine. I am almost at the point where I can go to the gym and fully exert myself without the following days pain of being sore and tender. I say almost, because I can tell right now that I will be slightly sore tomorrow after todays routine. But after being here a month, I am definately on the right track.

I have been flirting with the idea of getting a job. Mari is pressing me to do it even though I feel totally incapable of having a normal conversation in spanish. But....even so, today I emailed out two resumes to see what I can turn up. Mari is hoping that while we are here I can gain a little experience to throw on the resume if and when I really do start my career hunt.

Just a second ago a loud, rouring thunder pierced the quiet night sky. Summer is over, and fall is en route.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment