Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ebey Slough Bridge Project

Starting this next week, I will be spending a bunch of time out on the Ebey Slough Project, where I will be looking at the plans, monitoring the construction process, counting materials and employees, and basically crash coursing myself in the entire process since I have never done anything like this before.

Here is my typical work look now:

Hard hat - check. Safety vest - check. Bad boy glasses - check. Summertime beard - check.



You can see the old bridge on the left here. I was told it's the third oldest bridge in Washington State, hence why they are building another. On the right side of this photo are the steal girders that stretch over the waterway.



Here is another shot of the old bridge from the opposite side. Its actually pretty cool looking. In the earlier post there is a video that shows how this bridge operates.



Here is a side shot of the new bridge.



And finally, a shot of the bottom of the bridge from the water looking up.



To me, this is a very interesting project and I hope to learn a ton of stuff during the time I get to spend onsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment