Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years - 31 de Diciembre 2010

It has come at last, the final day of the year. We are now in Antigua Guatemala, after taking an 8 hour minivan ride from Lanquin. We are staying at a place named Antigua Orquideas, placed adequately between the major plaza and the giant market. We came yesterday 9 strong off of the microbus. We are staying with 3 germans (Jonathon, Eva, Hannah), 2 from Denmark (Simon and Maya), 1 guy from Spain (Alex), 1 girl from Holland (Annamikea), and Mari and myself.

Tonight we plan on cooking a large meal together and spending the New Years night on the outdoor terrace upstairs. Simon already told me they bought rum, vodka, and two bottles of wine. Plus, I am sure there will be plenty of beer. We are ironing out who is making what, but i plan on making a giant vat of veggie soup. I heard pasta salad, guacamole, chips, spanish style tortilla, and a few more things still being worked out.

In the central plaza there will be music, dancing, fireworks and more festivities. I think this will be a great place to be for New Years. Mari and I wish everyone a happy New Year. Take care, be safe, and see you soon.

I also want to wish my father a belated Happy Birthday. Sorry I wasnt home to give you a call and say it in person. Hope 64 is the best one yet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Trav and Mari!
    Harrison and I just caught up on your blog. It looks like your having a great time - I wish we were there... with the sun.

    Take care! The Stanleys

    ReplyDelete